2010-01-17

2010

New Year resolutions, two weeks late, better late then never ;-)

I had a list of all things I wanted to accomplish this year. I had topics, schedules, milestones, control actions, corrective and emergency plans, resources allocations, scope, dependencies and priorities. A sterling job. Then I realised that it as mostly contingent on circumstances, other people decisions, or, worst of all, decisions that I was not committed to. All the hallmarks of civilian management at its best. I do not want to plan my life like a corporate project: we all know how badly they usually go.
So let's get back to basics.

  1. Maintain a comfortable and clean living place for daily use. It means no more living in an office, no more escape to sanity by the sea, and use ashtrays instead of empty Coke cans.
  2. No more Coke.
  3. No more smoking at the office.

These should do ;-)

No comments: