2009-12-30

2009

This is the day.
So, 2009 has been quite good to me. Nothing really bad has happened, a few wins, a few losses, some frights and some hopes. Nothing really good has happened neither. I have been focused on my job, and even though I have encountered some worrying issues, all went well.

  • Family
My brother has a second daughter I haven't seen yet.

My goddaughter walks and swims, starts to speak but no one knows which language. She plays ball and pesters cats. I have seen her once. Time to foster her musical talent ;-)

My father has been diagnosed with cancer, has been adequately treated, or so it seems. His neurological status is clear, as far as Parkinson and other niceties are concerned.
I guess that now that he is "fully" retired, with nothing more than the family business and "cultural" councils to attend, he must find life a tad boring. Of course, spending his days at home with my mother does not help ;-)

My mother is being herself: fastidious and anxious, the winning combo.
  • Friends
The Archi is engaged, sort of, plans to move on a town house "with a garden for the cat". I guess that keeping a country house for the afore-mentioned cat wasn't that practical after all ;-)
He has also decided not to eat out with me any longer. Given our track record, this is a wise decision too ;-)

Mr N is busy busy these days. Everything is going well for him. Hard work do pay ;-)
We no longer go to watch films together. My "no pay for parking" policy combined with his culinary tastes and our busy schedules have brought these escapades to an end. Now we eat out to talk and trade gossips. It is going fine.

Mr G is busy busy busy, as if he could live his life in any other way ;-) We meet occasionally, and it is always a pleasure. We do not jump any more. But we should.

The Pickle has a lot on her plate. She gave me much, too much perhaps. I like her a lot, and she is the closest to my ideal woman. I still haven't figured out what I should be doing about her, besides the obvious. One day, we will be running in synch ;-)

Miss S is now living in Canada, engaged, and provided me with some valuable insight before leaving. We are back to our annual email exchange ;-)

Miss Q is in London, having fun before her next jump. Cat woman ahoy ;-)

Mrs A, well, I guess that we are still friends. So everyone seems to believe anyway. I have heard about her here and there. She seems to be doing fine. Were it not the case I would have heard of her.
  • Jobs
No new clients, three employees went away, two came in, and I am looking for a third one.

Most people took the economical crisis badly, and started to behave like headless chickens. More than usual I mean ;-) I am at my best in chaos anyway, so let's enjoy the mess they are making ;-) But I guess that I will not last long, so I should really prepare for the end of it. I am getting tired of what I am doing anyway, so I guess that I will have to reinvent myself one more time. I'll tackle that in my 2010 post.

I have been short-listed for promotion. I still have some exams to pass though.

A big client haven't paid me since August. I have noticed that a few days ago, so I guess that I am doing OK ;-)
  • Home
My living space is still more an office than a home. It is still ideally situated, and is the place I want to live in.
I wanted to buy it, then I had a long talk with my mother. As usual, she made me aware of a few things. Like the worrying fact that I am more at ease in hotel rooms than in a place I can call mine. That I should work less from home. There is a link there ;-) So, I didn't buy it after all. And I won't till I am clear with myself on these points.

As to my other home by the sea, well, I didn't went there as much as I would have liked.
  • Me
I am growing, even though I haven't learned much this year.
I have taken the habit of doing some exercise while watching DVDs. I am not reading as much as I once did. And I am no longer writing.
I try to go for a walk in the woods as often as I can, I find it relaxing. I should really make an habit of it, take the time to do it more regularly.
I have quitted smoking for a few months. Then I have quitted quitting. Now I am aiming for less casual smoking habits. So I am smoking cigars.
My meetings with the Pickle are probably the best things that have happened to me ;-)

No comments: