2009-12-18

Blow me!

Yeah!
Snow!
Traffic jams!
Car accidents!
Dumb pedestrians crossing the street with you honking like a mad monkey because you just cannot stop!
Even dumber cyclists taking one way streets the other way while you are trying to stay on it, veering from port to starboard like a drunk yachtsman looking for a buoy!
Total loss Beemers drivers blocking streets!
Drunk postmen and failed courier deliveries!

TEH JOYZ!!!

Well, it is home working for me.
Time to enjoy life's simple pleasures, like staying in my office cum library cum storage hall cum dump cum lab cum apartment, in my boxer shorts, on my couch, optimizing queries on my TV, the occasional balls scratching, cigar, Oreo and hot milk.

This is the life :-)

Or so it should have been.
All was fine and dandy until I started being involved in twenty or so different email threads about business matters with other home workers in four languages, one of them I do not understand ; phone calls about operational matters with people I had no idea which tongue they were speaking in, or what they were speaking of ; and, of course, the usual end of year paper work everyone takes for granted you will take care of while you are slouching at home.


Snow: better when blown.


No comments: