2009-12-13

An afternoon with Miss D.

I met Miss D yesterday for the first time. We exchanged a few emails last week, and scheduled a meeting at a train station. From her emails, I thought that she had been around for a few months at most. I was wrong. And so was most of what I had planned. But we went on revisiting places we both knew, and it gave us the opportunity to acquaint ourselves with our respective tastes. She is definitely into classical-kitsch. She is also a go-getter, which is nice. She lives a full life, which is also nice. And she can talk about it for hours, which is good but a tad tiring. It also turns out that we have quite a few things in common. In fact, the strange thing being that we hadn't met elsewhere before.
The big turn on for me is that we laugh of the same things and share the same kind of humour, which is infrequent.

Big hint: "I never win but professionally.".

Let's try some of my own medicine, and "evaluate on an external scale".
- She looks like the Pickle would, were she blond.
- She has a lot in common with Miss Q in the way she leads her life, with less uncertainties and a bit more stability.
- She reminds me a lot of Mrs. NV: a very similar face and the same gaudy sense of style.
Let's keep it at that: it is starting to look like a comparative cars review.

All in all she seems to be a nice person, but she is not someone I feel attracted too. It is not a physical thing, just her horrible taste. It is funny, for few hours. And unbearable for a few days. I am getting picky in my old age I guess ;-)
Anyway, now that we know of each other we will meet again for sure.
As acquaintances, friends maybe.

No comments: