2009-12-13

Meeting Miss LD

I have a new neighbour since July or so. She rapidly gained a reputation as a big time psycho bitch. I met her briefly once or twice, and never really had the opportunity to make my own opinion. I grant everyone the benefit of the doubt and I do not usually believe the rumour mill, so I was not appalled but very amused when I was told of her antics. To be completely honest I should also say that I also tend to like queer fish. Let's just say that my purely subjective opinion on the girl based on just hearsay was warily positive.

Last Tuesday, I was happily working from home when someone knocked at my door.
Knocked. Not ringed the conspicuous door bell.
My door. Like just close to where I am sitting, not the lobby.
I was on the phone at that time, so I just shouted that I was not available.
A call, then a another one, then some urgent work, and an hour later I had completely forgotten the incident. I went out to find a note on my door. The writing was chaotic, the meaning absent, it looked like something written by a neurotic parkinsonian high on drugs. From what I had been told, I guessed who it came from. So I returned the favour and went to her door.
She let me in. She was in the process of painting doors, before her birthday party scheduled a few hours later. After having apologised for the mess, she immediately complained about noises. Strange noises coming from "the outside". At first, I didn't heard a thing. Then I did.
Is psychosis contagious? No.
Not usually.
So I looked. It took me the better part of an hour to make her understand that it came from her toilet, a few more time to get her to open the thing, a second for me to nudge the floater. And then... the silence.

My own curiosity made me loose two hours, ruin a coat on paint, "fix" a toilet, listen to some mad ramblings that were not that mad, and meet the psycho.
Not a bad encounter: she is quite nice, in her own strange way ;-)

No comments: