2009-04-11

Day 2

  • Sleep Dealer
I came one hour late. And I haven't lost much, as I was able to figure out the plot, themes and gimmicks quite easily. It is quite nice, contrasting sunny landscape with dark future, where drones make war cleaner, where there is a Flick'r for memories. I liked the themes, I liked the genre, I liked the gimmicks and I liked it without the first hour.
  • In Love with the Dead
Some guy's girlfriend is slowly dying of cancer. She practices puke eating as therapy.
Still another Asian film where something seems to be built very gradually, the trouble being that I have been unable to figure out what exactly. It's not really tension, nor the plot. Anyway, it makes for a damn slow movie, but still not really boring, as you keep on guessing.
One hour into the film, the tables are turned: they are both dead. But, wait, this has already been done. So let's turn the tables once again. Bingo, instant novelty! Not.
Given the premises, this film is not funny. At all.
So, it's classical, well made, not original, not boring but not really interesting or captivating either, and it is slow.
  • Humains
A French movie... Well, it was not that bad in the end, no reason to fear it, at all.
It goes on the "degenerated hillbillies" track with some flair. A good movie, not exceptional but really good.

Sympatoche.
  • The Chaser
Some Korean thriller about a pimp investigating his prostitutes disappearance. The scenario gets somewhat confused, I suspect that it has to do with translation. Not great but nice enough.
  • Cold Prey 2
Very classical and extremely efficient.

No comments: